With our FastPath Legionella Detection Test, you can simply take a water sample from your system and place it onto the FastPath testing device. You will be alerted in 25 minutes if you have Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1 bacteria present in your water system. FastPath Test benefits include:
- Easy to Use/Read
- No sample preparation or pretreatment necessary
- No equipment or power required
- No chemicals needed to measure or handle
- Yes or No results interpretation
- Rapid Results/Inexpensive
- Results in 25 minutes
- Allows for immediate understanding and reaction to water conditions
- Inexpensive in comparison to typical lab culture tests
The FastPath test is designed to detect Legionella pneumophila serogroup (sg) 1 in water samples. Legionella pneumophila sg 1 is responsible for over 80% of all reported cases of Legionnaires’ disease. The presence of the Legionella pneumophila sg1 bacteria causes the “Test Line” to turn red in color. A “Control Line” is included which turns red when the test has been performed correctly.
The test has been successfully evaluated on cooling water, domestic water and pool/spa systems, and has a detection limit of 100 cells/ml. The FastPath test has a diagnostic sensitivity of 80%, which is virtually identical to that of the lab culture test.