Multiple applications. A single separation solution.
The Krofta Spray Filter produces high-quality separation in numerous operations and industrial mills including de-inking plants, board mills and fine paper and tissue mills.
- Separates good fibers, fine fibers and ink
- Higher yield
- Clay content in the stock
- Reduced disposal requirements
- Fractionation of longer fibers from effluent
- Long fraction used in liner stock
- Fine fraction used in filler stock
Fine paper and tissue mills
- Fiber recovery
- Effluent fractionation
- Less total sludge volume
How it works.
Engineered for the filtration of effluents containing 200 - 5000 ppm of solids, the Krofta Spray Filter uses a fine mesh cloth (75-500 microns) to filter and separate long fibers from clay and filler. The mesh cloth also serves as a safety filter for showers using clarified water, and the internal shower allows for easy self-cleaning procedures.
- Water enters the system with a pressure of about 0.8 kg/cm2 (11PSI)
- Water is evenly sprayed against a fine plastic cloth fastened to a drum
- Coarse fraction falls inside the cloth cylinder and is discharged for reuse
- Fine fraction passes through the cloth and is discharged
- Gear motor continuously turns the cloth drum
- Intermittent cleaning shower sprays the cloth clean