How it works.
Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) technology was developed by Milos Krofta and now serves as one of the most effective solutions for wastewater treatment in a number of applications including municipal wastewater, food and beverage processing and industrial processing. The Krofta Supracell circular clarifier utilizes DAF technology to float solids to the top of the water surface where it is removed as sludge.
Steps in the Krofta Supracell process:
- Raw recycled water enters the system and is pressurized to 4 - 6 BAR
- Water rotates in the system and mixes with compressed air
- Air is released to atmospheric pressure in the flotation cell
- Suspended solids attach themselves to the air bubbles
- Solids rise to the surface in the form of sludge
- Sludge is discharged for recycling or disposal
- Clarified water, which contains less than 30 ppm of suspended solids, is removed through extraction pipes