Advantages of MerControl 8034 Technology
- Low capital cost with a small footprint
- Has consistently outperformed competitive technologies
- Improves efficiency of mercury removal via the w-FGD without compromising unit operation
- Provides flexibility to fluctuations in operations and fuel quality that impact meeting mercury emission regulations
- Liquid additive simplifies application, distribution, and control
- Depending on site conditions, can eliminate the need for additional control technologies
- Can be used in conjunction with MerControl 7895 oxidant, in order to maximize mercury removal
Storage tanks for MerControl 8034 and MerControl 8034 Plus should be constructed from FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) for volumes over 10,000 gallons. Smaller tanks can be made from FRP or polyethylene. Nalco recommends tanks be insulated and heat traced for weather protection.
Stainless steel piping is recommended for the MerControl 8034 and MerControl 8034 Plus applications.
Pumps are usually constructed of 316 stainless steel and Teflon® contact parts.