Nalco was built on boilers. We've worked in thousands of boiler plants, asking and listening, auditing and sampling for 80 years. Now we've pushed far beyond traditional performance boundaries to help our customers produce safe, reliable, cost-effective steam.
The Nalco Corrosion Stress Monitor™ responds to preboiler corrosion stress in real time, delivering the correct dosage of oxygen scavenger or passivator. The 3D TRASAR Boiler System then uses fluorescence technology to prevent scale formation inside your boiler. 3D TRASAR Boiler Technology also identifies potential causes of system variability and abnormal conditions, making it a powerful diagnostic tool.
- Water & energy savings
- Increased steam production reliability
- Extends asset life
- Real-time system knowledge with instantaneous response
- Reduces maintenance and increases labor efficiency
ROI CASE STUDIES
A large university improved sustainability, saving $26,000 per year in energy and water savings from improved management of boiler blowdown.
The Nalco Corrosion Stress Monitor helped an electric power plant reduce the cost of boiler shutdown and startup by approximately $700,000 per incident, through a combination of:
- A significant decrease in start-up time
- The ability to plan the outage when replacement power costs were low
A paper mill avoided $430,000 per day in lost production by minimizing boiler outages related to preboiler corrosion failures.
A specialty tire manufacturer improved competitive advantage in several ways:
- Enhanced reliability of steam generation for production support saved tens of thousands of dollars per year
- Extension of boiler asset life saved $70,000 per year
- Improved labor utilization resulted in $15,000 savings per year