Nalco Glass Dry Batch Optimizer
The Nalco Glass Dry Batch Optimizer program is designed to:
• Improve reaction and handling of glass dry batch raw materials
• Improve pile formation and, subsequently, furnace melting efficiency
• Reduce scrap and improve glass product quality
• Reduce maintenance and/or production slowdowns based on improved cleanliness of dry batch augers, hoppers, and chargers
• Optimize moisture content to reduce electrical and fuel consumption
• Reduce water consumption
• Improve furnace refractory life
This program has been successfully deployed in multiple furnaces with documented savings. Nalco dedicated chemists, engineers, and senior technical consultants provide best-in-class services. Sales and service engineers provide onsite assistance worldwide.
This chart shows the reduced torque needed in mixing glass dry batch with Nalco’s program in water versus mixing with untreated water.
Our video below shows the significant difference in ease of mixing and flowability of the dry batch.