Do you have any insights on ways to reduce food waste?
Food waste directly affects the bottom line.
• Micro manage and strategically order perishable items such as produce and fresh proteins with a short shelf life.
• Calibrate scales regularly and spot check portions. Over portioned food causes inconsistencies for the guests entrees and waste.
• Label all containers to reduce food from expiring or thrown because it is improperly identified.
• Rotate food with the shortest shelf life products in the front. Products with the shortest shelf life or already opened should be used first (FIFO Method)
• Log discarded food and adjust ordering and preparation accordingly. You don’t know what to fix if you don’t know the root cause!