LOCATION: Riviera Beach, Florida
May 30-31, 2018. In its 12th year, this seminar focuses on water management best practices collected across the globe for the steel industry.
As a global leader in water management with over 90 years of experience across various segments, Nalco Water understands the challenges and the importance of water quality and its impact on the production of steel. Best practices collected across the globe will be shared and discussed at this seminar. Basics of water chemistry to complex management techniques will be covered over a 1.5 day period followed by networking opportunities with industry experts.
Who Should Attend
Operations personnel, supervisors, environmental managers, engineers, quality managers and individuals who may benefit from understanding the technical aspects of water treatment principles and technologies.
- Keynote speaker – Phil Bell, President of Steel Manufacturers Association
- Why Does Water need to be Treated?
- Water Treatment Strategies – Scale, Corrosion, Fouling and Microbiological control
- Microbiological Treatment - performance standards for water safety standards
- Introduction to Liquid/Solid Separation and benefits to the process
- Fundamentals of Liquid/Solid Separation Equipment
- Best practices and Impact of Water Quality on Mill’s Operations and Profitability
- Best practices in Operating and Maintaining Rolls in Hot Strip Mills – External Industry speaker
- A holistic approach to Water Management and it’s impact on steel making
- Roundtable Discussion
Attendees are eligible to receive eight professional development hours for completing the entire training.