Ecolab Again Receives Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Equality 100 Award
Company continues progress building a culture of inclusion.
Ecolab was named an “Equality 100 Award” recipient on the 2023 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), for the 11th consecutive year. The CEI is a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation.
"Receiving a score of 100 on the 2023 Corporate Equality Index is a testament to Ecolab's unwavering commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive workplace for everyone,” said Ecolab Chairman and CEO Christophe Beck. “This 11th consecutive recognition affirms our belief in diversity, equity and inclusion as a cornerstone of our success."
Reaffirming its commitment to allyship for the LGBTQ+ community, Ecolab in June signed the HRC’s Count Us In pledge, aimed at stopping the advancement of anti-LGBTQ+ legislation. In October, Ecolab’s Pride employee resource group (ERG) was recognized as a top 25 individual ERG at the 2023 Diversity Impact Awards, during the Global ERG Network Conference in Washington, D.C.
Ecolab’s Pride ERG focuses on supporting gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender associates and allies of the LGBTQ+ community, and helps to ensure all LGBTQ+ employees feel a sense of belonging and support that allows them to be their best. Pride has worked with leadership and associates to create initiatives that support the LGBTQ+ community, including:
- Inclusive spousal and partner benefits
- Transgender-inclusive healthcare benefits
- Internal training and accountability efforts & data best practices
- Anonymous employee engagement survey that provides employees with the option to identify as LGBTQ+
- Outreach or engagement to the broader LGBTQ+ community (partnership with Out 4 Undergrad, participation in pride parades, Lavender Magazine ad placement, grants)
- Transgender inclusive best practices including gender transition guidelines, gender-inclusive restrooms, a gender-neutral dress code policy, and procedures in place to share pronouns.
- LGBTQ+ benefits guide, a resource that houses internal benefits that are most likely to help employees within the LGBTQ+ community
"Through our ongoing commitment to global diversity, equity, and inclusion, we've implemented targeted initiatives and fostered an environment where everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity, feels valued and supported,” said Dexter Davis, vice president of Global Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Ecolab. “Our dedication to inclusivity is not just a promise, but a daily practice, as we strive to make Ecolab a place where diversity thrives, and everyone can bring their authentic selves to work."
Pride is among 11 employee-initiated and -led ERGs, which represent different cultures, experiences and backgrounds across 72 countries, and involve more than 7,000 associates.
The 2023 CEI evaluated LGBTQ+ related policies of more than 1,000 U.S.-based companies, including non-discrimination policies, equitable benefits for LGBTQ+ workers and their families, support of an inclusive culture and corporate social responsibility. Find the full report at hrc.org/cei.
“Our dedication to inclusivity is not just a promise, but a daily practice, as we strive to make Ecolab a place where diversity thrives, and everyone can bring their authentic selves to work."
Vice President of Global Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Ecolab