Ecolab Science Certified™ Program
Count on a Scientific Clean™
Ecolab Science Certified™ (ESC) is a comprehensive, science based public health and food safety program that provides science-based products, training, and process efficiencies to help ensure your staff and customers experience the highest levels of cleanliness and the operational and business benefits that come with it. It’s not just any clean, it’s Scientific Clean™. A clean you can count on.
Become Science Certified
Better Reputation. Better Business.
The Ecolab Science Certified program helps you meet today’s expectations for cleaning
while protecting your brand and optimizing your operations.
The Ecolab Science Certified program is currently available in North America and China,
to our hospitality, foodservice, food retail and facilities customers.
Attract and Retain Talent
Enhance Guest Experiences
Drive Foot Traffic
1 Qualtrics Proprietary Worker Study, December 2022. Paid for by Ecolab.
2 Consumer Sentiment Study, March 2022. Paid for by Ecolab.
3 FourSquare Traffic Study, March – June 2022. Restaurants and Food Retail. Paid for by Ecolab.
A Visible Commitment to Cleaner, Safer Practices
Now more than ever, consumers are looking for a visible commitment to clean and evidence of hygiene and public health best practices. With the Ecolab Science Certified seal, businesses can demonstrate their commitment to advancing cleaner, safer practices by meeting the program’s rigorous criteria.
Consumers expectations for health and safety remain highly important, including:
- 95% want to see as much or more cleaning now and into the future (post pandemic)
- 70% are concerned that businesses will reduce their health and safety practices in the future
- 71% want to see employees visibly cleaning
- 64% want hospital products used
- 47% want independent audits completed
- 86% say a business’s commitment to public health and safety factors into their decision to patronize that location1
The Ecolab Science Certified seal helps consumers recognize hospitality, food service, food retail and other businesses committed to advancing cleaner, safer practices, promoted through a robust advertising and public awareness campaign.
1 Ecolab proprietary research conducted March 2022.
Labor Study: A Differentiator In A Difficult Labor Market
The study shows how the Ecolab Science Certified™ program is helping solve workplace challenges across multiple industries.
The study surveyed over 600 lodging, grocery and restaurant employees working at ESC affiliates and found that the ESC program not only improved the health and safety of the workplace, but also improved its partners’ company culture. Results show:
84% of Restaurant Employees say the ESC program creates a safer, healthier workplace.
88% of Lodging Employees say the ESC program signals that their employer cares.
80% of Grocery Employees say ESC makes them proud to go to work.
Businesses Committed to Clean:
Ecolab Science Certified Driving Consumer and Employee Confidence:
Key Program Elements
Backed by Ecolab’s deep scientific expertise and experience with the world’s biggest hospitality and foodservice brands, Ecolab Science Certified brings together the science-backed products, practices and training with periodic auditing performed by Ecolab experts to deliver a higher level of cleanliness. The program leverages Ecolab’s nearly 100 years of fighting pathogens and food-borne illnesses and our deep understanding of micro-organisms and expertise in chemistry, dispensing and public health.
The Ecolab Science Certified program includes:
- The use of hospital disinfectants and food-safe sanitizers including the latest in chemistry innovations and labor reducing products
- Program only perks including health department intelligence, consumer co-branding benefits, enhanced intelligence platform, and tailored service support
- Rigorous cleaning, hygiene and food safety practices informed by the CDC, U.S. Food and Drug Administration and local health department guidelines
- Pest elimination and water treatment solutions to address additional sources of infection transmission
- Comprehensive staff training to reduce the potential for human error in following protocols and applying products correctly, particularly important for high staff turnover
- On-site support through ongoing consultation and in-person coaching
- An annual comprehensive hygiene and food safety audit
About the Training
About the Audit
Related Ecolab Science Certified™ Articles
Explore Our Articles Related to Public Health
This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots.
No related blog articles were found.